Setting the Agenda
You'll begin by setting the agenda, or choosing the topic of debate. Your committee can choose from Topic A or B.
The stages that committee generally follows is
- Delegate motions to "Set the agenda."
- Chair opens a Speaker's List with two speakers for discussing Topic A and two for Topic B.
- Delegate motions to "Close debate on setting the agenda."
- Take two speakers against closing debate.
- Vote to close debate (requires 2/3 majority).
- Vote on Topic A; if it fails, vote on Topic B.