ConferenceAPRIL 22 - 25, 2021
Thank you for your interest in attending MUNUC. Registration will open on May 18, 2020 and remain open until October 9. Registration operates on a first-come, first-served basis. In the event that we reach capacity earlier than April 9, we will open a waitlist. Our administrative team will confirm your delegation’s position assignments and number of allotted spots by late January.
To begin, click the Register button in the top-right of the page. Reach us at email@example.com with any questions. The pre-conference advisor handbook will also be a good resource leading up to conference.Jump to Fee Schedule
[UPDATED 1/18/21] Key Dates, Forms, and Modules
- May 18: Registration opens
- September 14: Financial Aid applications open
- March 19: Registration and country preferences close
- April 2: School registration fees and Financial Aid Applications due
- April 5: Financial aid decisions returned
- April 9: Delegate Roster, Delegate Fees, Waivers, and Training Modules due
- April 19: Position papers due
- April 22: Conference begins
- April 25: Conference ends
CONFERENCEMUNUC32 Conference Schedule
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 6, 2020
- 2:00–5:30pm: Conference Check-in
- 1:30-6:00pm: Temporary Luggage Storage
- 4:00–5:00pm: Novice Delegate Training Session 1
- 4:00–5:00pm: Chinese-Language Delegate Training
- 4:00–5:00pm: Single Session Crisis Training 1
- 5:00–6:00pm: Delegate Skills Workshop 1
- 5:00–6:00pm: International Student Training
- 5:00–6:00pm: Crisis Delegate Training Session 1
- 6:30-7:30pm: Opening Ceremonies
- 8:30–11:00pm: Committee Session I (Staggered Dismissals, 1-11:00, 2-10:40, 3-10:50)
- 8:45-9:45pm Advisor Meeting and Reception
- 11:30pm Delegate Curfew
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2020
- 10:00–11:00am: University of Chicago Admissions Session
- 10:00–11:00am: Single Session Crisis Training 2
- 10:00–11:00am: Novice Delegate Training Session 2
- 10:00–11:00am: Best Delegate Training Session 1
- 11:00–12:00pm: Best Delegate Training Session 2
- 11:00–12:00pm: Crisis Delegate Training Session 2
- 11:00–12:00pm: Delegate Skills Workshop 2
- 1:00–5:00pm: Committee Session II (Staggered Dismissals 2-4:50/3-5:00/1-5:10)
- 1:45-2:45pm Advisor Meeting 2
- 5:00–7:00pm: Dinner Break
- 7:15–10:30pm: Committee Session III (Staggered Dismissals, 1-10:10, 2-10:20, 3-10:30)
- 11:30pm Delegate Curfew
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2020
- 9:30–12:30pm: Committee Session IV (Staggered Dismissals, 3-12:10, 1-12:20, 2-12:30)
- 12:30–2:00pm: Lunch Break
- 2:00–6:00pm: Committee Session V (Staggered Dismissals, 2-5:50, 3-6:00, 1-6:10)
- 6:00–8:30pm: Free Time
- 8:30–11:00pm: Delegate Entertainment Events
- 11:30pm Delegate Curfew
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2020
- 10:00–11:30am: Committee Session VI
- 11:00am: Hotel Checkout
- 9:30-1:30 Luggage Storage
- 12:00–1:00pm: Closing Ceremonies
NOTE (Dismissal Groups)
- 1 – DISEC, UNDP, UNEP, UNHRC, ASEM, VIENNA, WBG, OBAMA, ARMENIA
- 2 – ECOFIN, SOCHUM, UNWTO, AALCO, ECOWAS, IRC, UNSC, BRAZIL, JAPAN
- 3 – SPECPOL, LEGAL, NATO, ARL, WTO, WHO, PCA, MEXICO, OMAN, AD HOC
Fees, Refunds & Financial Aid
- School Registration Fee $130 / $200 postmarked after Jan. 29
- Delegate Fee $70 / $85 postmarked after Feb. 5
- Late Compliance Fee $10/person for each incomplete compliance item outstanding after Feb. 5
The school fee is non-refundable and is required to secure a registration. We will charge a flat rate late compliance fee for each delegate who has not submitted their completed forms or completed their waiver by Nov.6. Please note that schools admitted from the wait list will be given a modified fee schedule.
Enrolled international schools will have to submit all school fees and 75% of delegate fees within 14 days of receiving their registration confirmation or they will lose their placement. This deposit is non-refundable.
All conference events will be held at the Hyatt Regency Chicago. The venue is truly in the center of downtown Chicago, built on the Chicago River, facing the Magnificent Mile, and neighboring Millennium Park. With its modern amenities, the Hyatt Regency offers a contemporary and functional space to facilitate the stimulating discussions of a Model UN conference, and we are excited to bring MUNUC to the Hyatt this year.
The hotel is in the heart of downtown Chicago, at 151 E Upper Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601. It is conveniently situated near many dining options and attractions, and less than an hour from the city’s major airports at O’Hare and Midway.
MUNUC has arranged for these special room rates at the Hyatt Regency, the conference hotel. We are requiring all delegations to stay at the Hyatt, unless by petition. Room requests will be made using the Hyatt registration link sent via email to all registered schools in mid-August.
Please note “Room Type” refers to the number of individuals in each room. A Quadruple Room is 2 beds meant to sleep 4 people. The Hyatt is unable to place cots in rooms for extra sleeping space. Room rates are as follows, and do not include taxes.
|ROOM TYPE||RATE PER NIGHT|
MUNUC believes that cost should not be a barrier to educational opportunity, and is pleased to offer need-based financial aid to schools and individual delegates. The financial aid forms for students
If the cost of attending MUNUC will be prohibitive for your delegation, we encourage you to fill out a financial aid estimate form, in order to get a better sense of how much assistance we would be able to provide. Your school does not need to register for MUNUC first to submit this form.
The expected costs of MUNUC include, but are not limited to, a school registration fee, individual delegate fees, travel arrangements, hotel expenses, and food for the weekend. We are able to offer financial aid in the form of school registration and/or individual delegate fee waivers, hotel vouchers, and travel reimbursements. Aid can be offered to entire delegations or to individual students. In the case of individual students, aid will be given to the school in the name of the student.
There are two separate portions of to our financial aid process: an advisor information form, and a two-part delegate information form. Instructions can be found on both forms. Advisors should complete the school information form and distribute the delegate information forms to students applying for financial aid, who should then complete part 1 of the form. For students applying for financial aid without their school, both parts of the delegate information form are required, but you will not need to submit an advisor information form.
Payment & Refunds
All payments must be made by wire, credit card, or check; we do not accept cash payments. For credit card and wire payments, please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org. Checks should be made out to “Model United Nations of the University of Chicago.”
Send payments to the following address:
Model United Nations of the University of Chicago
5706 South University Avenue, Suite 002B
Chicago, Illinois 60637
United States of America
MUNUC will refund delegate fees in the case of cancellation up until December 14. Refunds are not applicable for deposit fees or the school registration fee.